Our Practice has an extensive Health Care Preventative Medical Service.
These Clinics are run by the Practice Nurses and the Doctors.
All GP practices are contracted to provide “essential services” – that is basic treatment of ill people. We also provide the following “additional services” :
- Child health surveillance and routine immunisation, together with the health visiting team.
- Contraceptive services.
- Maternity services in the ante-natal and post-natal period.
- Cervical smears.
- Freezing of warts and other small skin lesions.
We also hold contracts for the following “enhanced services”:
- Annual flu immunisation programme to protect the elderly and at risk.
- Joint injections.
- Regular monitoring of patients on a range of drugs for arthritis and bowel problems.
- Annual reviews for patients with heart disease, diabetes, stroke/TIA, MS and asthma.
- Drug clinic.
Routine appointments can be made with our Practice Nurses for any of the above clinics by calling 0141 776 2468.
You may also be invited by letter to attend these clinics and others that may run.